Aims and Objectives
- Empowering Bharuchi Vahora Community through education, cultural and social events
- Promotion of Vahora heritage
- Ongoing Community Research and Data Collection
- Creating recreational and health facilities centres
- Engaging young Vahoras with our heritage and roots
- Creating a website and social media platform
- Creating a Vahora think tank and a network
- To search talents and promote in education, business, sports, politics and literature
- To share each others pain and happiness
We at VVUK value the inherent worth, dignity, diversity, and abilities of all individuals, families, groups and respective communities. By working together in solidarity with community members, we are committed for uniting and empowering Bharuchi Vahora community and to enhance productive relationships with other communities.
We at VVUK value fairness and justice and believe that we must strive to reduce inequities and foster equality at all level.
We at VVUK value inclusive participation meaningful to all people in decisions that affect our respective societies; we believe that this is fundamental to sustain healthy and positive societies. We will make efforts to include everybody, to participate in a meaningful way, in decisions that affect their lives.
We at VVUK value hope. We believe that community development and change begins with individual people and that they must have hope that things change through collective action. We believe that community development and empowerment is an on-going, dynamic process of social change that can lead to sustained improvements in people’s lives.
We at VVUK value honesty and transparency of our intent and priorities and believe that we must demonstrate our accountability to all with whom we work. Integrity is our commitment to act in ways that enhance, and to not detract from, community development values.
We at VVUK value the diversity within communities and their contributions.
We at VVUK value working together with communities and partners within or across sectors.
Hope We at VVUK value hope. We believe that community development and change begins with individual people and that they must have hope that things change through collective action.
Strengths Based Assets
We at VVUK value building on local strengths and assets of the community to achieve local to global vision.
- We at VVUK believe that every individual is capable of being a resource to the community in which they dwell.
- We at VVUK believe that a community’s strength is reflected in the ability of the community members to care for the people, vulnerable individuals and elderly and society at large.
- We at VVUK believe that a community organization must advocate for families, children and vulnerable people in order to strengthen agencies established to serve them.
- We at VVUK believe that industry must have a place in the community and the community must have a place in industry; a community organization like VVUK can serve as the bridge.
- WE at VVUK believe that a family unit must be respected whether the fabric is woven thinly or stitched tightly.
- We at VVUK believe that programs/activities must encompass the ideas, needs and talents desired/needed to produce greater abilities in program participates.
- We at VVUK believe that Principles and Values of family support and Community Empowerment are represented in all program activities, including planning, governance, implementation and administration.
- We at VVUK believe that community support and empowerment programs are culturally sensitive to the multi-cultural makeup of the respective community.
- We at VVUK believe that community-based programs should contribute to the community building and community empowerment process.