Privacy and cookies on the VVUK website
Who we are
VVUK is a not for profit organisation in England and we are also a company limited by guarantee.
VVUK’s registered address is VVUK, Unit 12, Kenyon Business Park, Pilkington St, Bolton. BL3 6HL. England.
VVUK is a not-for-profit company that works on behalf of the Indian Vahora heritage community in projects such as education, health, youth and social care.
Our supporters help us to achieve this in a variety of ways, primarily by:
- Fundraising and donating money in order to support our programme of work
- Volunteering for projects and activities,
- Organising events to raise awareness about VVUK’s activities and the contribution to British-Indian Society.
- We take active steps to make sure that our supporters are aware of the ways in which they can help us achieve our overall purpose.
Why we hold and process supporters’ personal data
We hold and process supporters’ personal data for a number of reasons:
- To keep a record of donations made and actions taken by our supporters and our communications with them
- To send our supporters marketing information about our projects, fundraising activities and appeals where we have their consent or are otherwise allowed to
- To fulfil contractual obligations entered into with supporters e.g. direct debits and standing order
- To support volunteers, whether at VVUK events, at exhibitions or participating in any other events
- To record campaigning actions by supporters
- To support community-based fundraising and campaigning
- To ensure we do not send unwanted information to supporters or members of the public who have informed us they do not wish to be contacted
- When and why we will send you personalised marketing communications
VVUK will only contact you for marketing purposes – for example keep you up to date on our work, or let you know of ways in which you can support that work – where we have your consent or we are otherwise allowed to do so.
We will make it easy for you to tell us if you would like to receive marketing communications from us and hear more about our work and the ways in which you would like to receive this information (post, email and phone). We will not send you marketing material if you tell us that you do not wish to receive it.
Where you give us your consent to send marketing information, we will wherever possible let you know how long this consent will last. Unless we have grounds for believing that a longer period is reasonable and have explained this to you, we will understand your consent to last for 24 months. After this time, in order for us to continue to update you, we will need your refreshed consent. You can update or withdraw your consent at any time, for individual channels of communication, or for all channels.
Consent lasting more than 24 months
We will generally treat any marketing consent you give us as lasting for 24 months, but where you have given us a donation, be it monthly or a one-off, unless you withdraw your consent, we will treat consent as enduring until you cancel your donation, if giving monthly. Your consent will expire 24 months after the last donation. This is to enable us to keep you up to date with the impact of your donation, and to ask whether alternative means of support would be of interest.
How and when we collect information about you
VVUK may collect your personal data in the following circumstances:
1. When you give it to us DIRECTLY
You may give us your personal data directly when you make a donation, sign up for one of our events, attend, when you communicate with us.
2. When you give it to us INDIRECTLY
You may give us your information indirectly when you donate online via Paypal. These independent third parties provide access to your non-financial data to VVUK in order to provide you an update.
Sometimes your personal data is collected by an organisation working on our behalf, but as they are acting on our behalf we are the “data controller” and responsible for the security and proper processing of that data.
3. When you access VVUK’s Social Media
We might also obtain your personal data through your use of social media such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter or LinkedIn, depending on your settings or the privacy policies of these social media and messaging services. To change your
settings on these services, please refer to their privacy notices, which will tell you how to do this.
4. When the information is publicly available
We might also obtain personal data about individuals who may be interested in giving major gifts to charities or organisations like VVUK. In this scenario, VVUK may seek to find out more about these individuals, their interests and motivations for giving through publicly available information. This information may include newspaper or other media coverage, open postings on social media sites such as LinkedIn, and data from Companies House. VVUK will not retain publicly available data relating to major donors without their consent, which will be sought at the earliest practical opportunity.
Cookies are a useful way for us to understand how supporters use our web site and/or use the VVUK app. When you visit our web site or use the VVUK app we will collect data from your computer or other device such as a smart phone or tablet through the use of “cookies”. Cookies are created by your web browser when you visit our website. Every time you go back to the VVUK website, your browser will send the cookie file back to the website’s server.
They improve your experience of using our website, for example, by remembering your preference settings so that you are presented with information likely to be most relevant to you, and by measuring your use of the website to enable us to continuously improve our website to ensure that it meets your needs. Cookies can also be used to show you relevant VVUK content on social media services such as Facebook – these are known as ‘retargeting’ or ‘advertising’ cookies.
You may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of the VVUK website.
If you visit our website as an anonymous visitor (e.g. you switch off cookies), VVUK may still collect certain information from your browser, such as the IP address (an IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a computer or other nternet device).
What information might VVUK collect about you?
We only collect personal data relevant to the type of transactions you have with VVUK.
For example, when you contact VVUK to make a donation, purchase an item online, take a campaign action, or sign up to any of VVUK’s activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, or message boards, or you telephone, email, write to or text VVUK, or engage with VVUK via social media channels, we may receive and retain personal information about you.
The information we collect is relevant to the type of transaction you are entering into with details such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, bank account details to process donations.
Sensitive Personal Data
All sensitive personal data is stored on a secure database, to which only a limited number of relevant staff have access. It is deleted when no longer relevant, is never shared with third parties, and is available to you at any point should you wish to see it.
How will VVUK use your personal data?
VVUK will use your personal information for the following purposes:
1) For administrative reasons, including:
- “service administration”, which means that VVUK may contact you for reasons related to administering any donations you have made, the completion of commercial or other transactions you have entered into with VVUK or the activity or online content you have signed up for;
- to confirm receipt of donations (unless you have asked us not to do this), and to say thank you and provide details of how your donation might be used.
- in relation to correspondence you have entered into with us whether by letter, email, text, social media, message board or any other means, and to contact you about any content you provide;
- for internal record keeping so as to keep a record of your relationship with us;
- to keep your data up to date – for instance we use the Royal Mail’s data on postal address changes to ensure that we can maintain contact with you where we believe you are happy to be contacted by post, we also use services which notify us of the recently deceased to avoid any distress that continued communications would cause;
- to implement any instruction you give us to with regard to withdrawing consent to send marketing information or informing us through the Fundraising Preference Service that you do not wish to receive any marketing information;
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use and to establish the number of visits from different countries.
2) For VVUK’s own marketing and fundraising reasons.
3) For market research
- to invite you to participate in surveys or research about VVUK or our work (participation is always voluntary);
- to analyse and improve the activities and content offered by the VVUK website to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. We may also use and disclose information in an anonymous aggregate way (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Will we share your personal data with anyone else?
We will only use your information within VVUK for the purposes for which it was obtained. VVUK will not, under any circumstances, share or sell your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes, and you will not receive marketing from any other companies, charities or other organisations as a result of giving your details to us.
We may need to share your information with service providers who help us to deliver our projects, activities and appeals. These “data processors” will only act under our instruction and are subject to pre-contract scrutiny and contractual obligations containing strict data protection clauses. We do not allow these organisations to use your data for their own purposes or disclose it to other third parties without our consent and we will take all reasonable care to ensure that they keep your data secure.
Facebook and other Social Media Sites
We may also use your email address and phone number to match to your account on Facebook or other social media sites in order to show you VVUK content while using these services. We only do this where you have opted in to marketing emails or phone calls and we keep your data secure by encrypting it. No data we hold about you is retained by the third party.
In addition, we may also use your email address and phone number to link to Facebook or other social media sites in order to identify other users of these sites whom we believe would be interested in VVUK, and we may then show them VVUK content. No data we hold about you is retained by the third party.
There are two ways to prevent this use of your data, you can either update your preferences at VVUK by opting out of the relevant channel of communication or you can do this via the social media site:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/62931
- Twitter: https://business.twitter.com/en/help/troubleshooting/how-twitter-ads-work.html
- Updating your preferences with VVUK will not guarantee that you never see VVUK content on social media, since the social media site may select you based on other criteria and without your data having been provided by VVUK.
Where legally required
We will also comply with legal requests where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies for tax purposes or law enforcement agencies for the prevention and detection of crime, subject to such bodies providing us with a relevant request in writing).
Your data is only processed outside the EU where VVUK has verified that appropriate standards and safeguards are in place.
How long will VVUK keep your personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
If you request that we stop sending you marketing materials we will keep a record of your contact details and appropriate information to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted by us.
Where you contribute material to us, e.g. user generated content or in response to a particular campaign we will only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted unless otherwise stated at the point of generation.
How to control what we send you or request we update your personal information?
The accuracy of your information is really important to us. We want to ensure that we are able to communicate with you in ways that you are happy with, and to provide you with information that is of interest.
If you wish to change how we communicate with you, or update the information we hold, then please contact us:
- email us at privacy@VVUK.co.uk
- write to us at: VVUK, Unit 12, Kenyon Business Park, Pilkington St, Bolton. BL3 6HL. England.
- Additionally, you can opt out of marketing emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in any marketing email from VVUK.
How long will it take for these changes to be effective?
We endeavour to meet the following service levels where supporters request we do not send them marketing information:
- Email – 24 hours from receipt of email
- Telephone – one working day from receipt of request to opt out
- Mail – 28 days from receipt of ‘do not mail’ request. This period is longer than for other channels due to the production times for mailing campaigns, and in most cases we would expect the change to be effective much more quickly.
- Under the GDPR you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected free of charge.
How VVUK keeps your data safe?
We ensure that there are appropriate technical controls in place to protect your personal details. For example, our online forms are always encrypted and our network is protected and routinely monitored.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your information is only accessible by appropriately trained staff, volunteers and contractors.
We use external companies to collect or process personal data on our behalf. We do comprehensive checks on these companies before we work with them, and put a contract in place that sets out our expectations and requirements, especially regarding how they manage the personal data they collect on our behalf, or have access to. We have a robust partner monitoring framework to ensure these contractual obligations are met.
How to make complaints about this policy or raise privacy concerns?
If you would like more information or have any questions about this policy, please contact our supporter relations team by email at privacy@VVUK.co.uk or write to us at VVUK, Unit 12, Kenyon Business Park, Pilkington St, Bolton. BL3 6HL. England.
To make a formal complaint about VVUK’s approach to data protection or raise privacy concerns directly with our data protection team, please contact:
- The Data Protection Officer, VVUK, Unit 12, Kenyon Business Park, Pilkington St, Bolton. BL3 6HL. England.
- mail: privacy@VVUK.co.uk
You also have the right to make a complaint direct to the UK’s data protection authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
The ICO can be contacted at: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
Concerns can be also be logged via the ICO website.